Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Escaping Velocity: Robert Pruitt

Robert L. Ringel Gallery, Purdue University- November 10, 2016

This exhibition is by far one of the best shows I have seen to date on campus! Very impressive! I really enjoyed going to his art talk and getting to hear him speak about his work! I would have never known how enriched his work is in black artistic culture.  It is the little details that are super impressive to me! The fact that he dyes is papers, or pushed their hair up like the pyramids in an attempt to reach the universe! I love that he does not remove the marks that he erases. There is a definite sign of labor and I think it is really necessary for his work. I wish I could draw like this, his values and tones are incredible. 

Equally impressive was the Haraka Writers words and performances about the pieces! Very rewarding experience! 







No comments:

Post a Comment